The Best Places to Live for Indians in Melbourne
When migrating from India to Australia , the first stop for many people is Melbourne.Melbourne is the capital of Victoria and second largest city in Australia. Even if you eventually intend to move on, you may find yourself staying in Melbourne for quite some time. How do you know where you should live? One of the best parts of about this city is that it is so diverse. Beautiful Yarra river flows in between the city,a great combination of old(tram) and the new(high rise building) surely going to fascinate you.? Here’s what you need to know about the best places to live for Indians visiting Melbourne:
- Point Cook – This is largely a residential area, with lots of great places to live, eat, and shop. Over the last twenty years, it has grown from an extremely small area with less than six hundred inhabitants, to almost 15,000 as of the last census. It is an up and coming area!
- Dandenong – This is one of the most popular destinations for Indians moving to Melbourne. There is a thriving Indian population here already, ensuring that new transplants from India will feel at home.
- Footscray – One of Melbourne’s youngest areas, Footscray is largely an industrial zone, with plenty of places to live and plenty of access to other parts of Melbourne, so you are never cut off from city life.
- Southbank(close to city) – Southbank, on the edge of the river, is one of the more stylish suburbs of Melbourne. It is right near the CBD, making it the ideal choice for those who are likely going to be working in this area of the city.
- Docklands (close to city)– This suburb is also very close to the central business district, and is also close to the water. The city has put significant work into making this both a cultural and historical suburb, and with quick access to the center of the city, it is one of the best places to live for Indians in Melbourne.
Other suburbs like Carlton,Richmond,Prahran, Fitzroy,South Mebourne, Caufield, Malvern are locations in Melbourne which are cost effective. Infact there are many Indians living in theses locations.
Finding the right accommodation
Accommodation requirements varies as per individual needs and situation. Various type of accommodation types along with links how to pursue them can we found here.
Things to be done after landing in Melbourne
Other links to help make your choice easy
Questions about Melbourne
If you have any question about living in Melbourne, please please feel free to ask them in the comments below.